Thinking about moving to Atlanta? Are you curious about moving to The Peach State?
In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about moving to Atlanta.
Quick Facts About Atlanta:
Average Weather Year-Round: 72.5°
- Summer: 88° High, 67° Low
- Winter 55° High, 36° Low
Average Commute Time: 31.4 minutes1
Average Age: 36.6 Years Old2
Average Rainfall: 47.12/in Per Year3
Average Cost of Living: $2,134/month for one person – including rent4
Metro Population: 5,947,0085
Average Home Price: $404,8616
Time Zone: Eastern Time (EST)
Atlanta’s Top Attractions:
You will never have a dull moment with all of the attractions, recreational activities and events happening in Atlanta! According to WalletHub, Atlanta is one of the best cities for recreational activities. Here are some of our recommendations:
- Zoo Atlanta
- Fun Spot America Atlanta
- National Center for Civil and Human Rights
- Georgia Aquarium
- World of Coca-Cola
- Ponce City Market
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta
- The Fernbank Museum Of Natural History
- Center For Puppetry Arts
- Centennial Olympic Park
- Six Flags Over Georgia
- High Museum of Art
- River Tubing
- Sports Games
Living in Atlanta:
Atlanta has a stable job and growing market. Money Magazine notes that Atlanta’s annual job growth has outdone the national averages for over a year. Atlanta also has a low unemployment rate of only 3% as of August 2022. Atlanta is home to some of Georgia’s best healthcare facilities and many Fortune 500 Companies.
Along with the stable job market, Atlanta has an affordable cost of living for being a major city. According to Bellhop, Atlanta’s cost of living is 2% lower than the national average.
No Pepsi products allowed! Atlanta is the birthplace of Coca-Cola. Coke was first created in Atlanta in 1886 by pharmacist John Pemberton. You can taste-test over 100 variations of Coke products from around the world at the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta. Coke is definitely the drink of choice for Atlantans.
On average, Atlanta has around 217 sunny days each year. Perfect for doing outdoor activities almost year round!
Be prepared to drive and be in traffic in Atlanta. Atlanta has been ranked one of the worst traffic cities in the world multiple times, with some estimates saying that the average commuter in Atlanta spends 48 hours in traffic each year. Be sure to keep this in mind when choosing which neighborhood to move to while relocating.
What’s to Love About Living in Atlanta at a Glance:
- Friendly Locals – Georgia is known for their southern hospitality!
- Mild Winters – Snow is very unlikely
- Plenty of Entertainment – Atlanta hosts many festivals and events year round
- Great Place for Sports Fans – Atlanta is home to the Hawks (basketball), Falcons (football), Braves (baseball), and more!
- Nature is Easily Accessible – Plenty of hiking trails and rivers to explore
- Delicious Food Scene – You won’t go hungry in Atlanta – there is something for everyone! Atlanta has even been rated one of the most vegan friendly cities in the US by Forbes
- Family-Friendly City – There are many things to do with your family that don’t require leaving the city! Your family won’t be bored!
If you are interested in moving to Atlanta, reach out to us today to discuss some fantastic opportunities – with relocation assistance! Jobs@AllMedSearch.com